Who is eligible to apply for a position as a CEO Program Student Intern?
- Diploma track students age 15 – 22 with a disability who are actively enrolled in the District of Columbia Public Schools.
- Students should have a 2.0 GPA. Students with a GPA lower than 2.0 are required to write and submit with their application a 100-250 word explanation of how they have made a commitment to increased academic achievement moving forward.
- Students are required to supply the contact information of a recommending faculty member at their school during the application process.
What are the responsibilities of a CEO Program Student Intern?
- Student interns must attend a mandatory intern orientation and expectations meeting.
- Student interns must attend all Work Readiness Training Courses and Career Focused Project Sessions on Tuesdays from 4:30pm – 6:30pm. All trainings are held at the National Youth Transition Center (NYTC) at 2013 H Street NW.
- Student interns must write, at minimal, one professional email to their mentor per week. These emails are an opportunity for interns to learn about the world of competitive employment through career-focused questions. The CEO Program Instructor will explain the focus of each weeks email conversation at the end of each professional development session.
- After competing the required professional development courses, each student intern will be considered for a summer internship at their mentor’s place of employment. Internship placement will be contingent on intern performance throughout the course of the program. Student interns will undergo two performance evaluations during the course of the program. Internship placement decisions will be handled on a case by case basis.